Licensed Customs House Broker
Company: NNR Global Logistics USA Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2021
This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Licensed Customs House Broker
Responsible for overseeing all customs operations within District,
including establishing and supervising operating and record keeping
procedures and training and supervising subordinate staff and
customs brokers; prepare, compile and manage all documentation and
records required to clear goods through the United States Customs
Service (USCS), including negotiating with, retaining and service
as an intermediary between airlines, shipping companies, trucking
companies, shippers, consignees, bonded and other warehouses and
Duties & Functions
- Oversee all customs business of NNR (USA) within the district
including maintaining the company s district permit from the USCS
and filing with the district office of USCS all required reports
regarding NNR (USA) s customs employees.
- Establish and supervise all operating and record keeping
procedures required by the USCS and the local USCS
- Assign, train, supervise and advise all other Customs House
Brokers, customs assistants and import personnel within the branch
office in the entry, importation, storage and transportation of
goods into the U.S.
- Supervise the performance of all Customs House Brokers and
customs assistants within the district, including assisting and
advising Branch and Regional Managers and other management of NNR
(USA) in making decisions regarding the hiring, termination and
other personnel decisions involving Customs House Brokers and
- Utilize experience and knowledge of USCS rules and regulations
to classify goods and determine applicable duty and rates.
- Prepare and file with the USCS all documentation required for
goods to clear customs and enter the U.S., including entry papers
and paperless entry by computer, withdrawals and bills of
- Negotiate and contract with airlines, shipping companies,
trucking companies and bonded warehouses for the transportation and
storage of goods.
- Prepare and maintain a record of transactions according to USCS
- Advise and assist customs clients regarding the entry of goods,
payment of duties, bonding requirements and procedures for
appealing duty charges imposed by the USCS.
- Maintain individual customs broker license and NNR (USA)
district permit issued by USCS.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge, including any needed continuing
education, of the regulations and procedures of the USCS for the
classification and entry of goods.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all regulations and procedures
of the Food and Drug Administration, Department of Transportation
and other state and federal agencies regarding the importation and
transportation of goods, including hazardous materials, food and
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years college course work completed
- Minimum 2 years managing or directing the work of others
- Currently licensed by the USCS as a customs broker, with no
pending penalties or restrictions on operating as a
- Knowledge of Duty Drawback a plus.
- Must have a current Driver s License.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a licensed customs
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in importing or freight
- Solid math skills to calculate duties and freight, storage and
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel,
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
frequently and/or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or
otherwise move objects.
- Drive to and from local ports, warehouses and consignees to
transact customs business and effect the transportation and storage
- Enough near vision to read and write information
Apply Online Below
Keywords: NNR Global Logistics USA Inc., Renton , Licensed Customs House Broker, Sales , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!